- Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION
- Chapter 2 Getting Started
- Chapter 3: Logging Into The Morphymail Email Panel
- Chapter 4: Overview Of The Dashboard
- Chapter 5: Campaign Overview
- Chapter 6 Automation
- Chapter 7 Lists
- Chapter 8: Templates
- Chapter 9: Sending
- Sending Server
- Sending Domains
- Sending Identity
- Tracking Domains
- Chapter 10: Integration
About This User’s Guide
How to Use This User’s Guide
This user’s guide describes Morphymail Email Marketer’s Graphical User Interface (GUI). It shows you how to use each screen in the GUI.
• Use the Introduction to get a basic overview of Morphymail Email Marketer.
• Use the Getting Started chapter to start sending emails right away.
• Use the Table of Contents (2) to find information about a particular screen in the GUI.
• Use the rest of the user’s guide to see in‐depth descriptions of Morphymail Email Marketer’s features. The chapters are roughly arranged in order of frequency with which you are likely to use them when configuring Morphymail Email Marketer.
Chapter 1: INTRODUCTION #
Welcome To MorphyMail #
Morphymail is a powerful email marketing platform that helps you share emails and ad campaigns with clients, customers, and other interested parties. It’s essentially a tool to create and manage mailing lists and newsletters, automate your email campaigns and collect leads.
In this user manual, we’ll uncover the basics of Morphymail and how it can be used to create effective newsletter campaigns. We’ll also provide some helpful resources to use as you work.
This tutorial is geared toward complete beginners who are new to Morphymail and don’t have any prior experience.
Contacts are the people about whom you store information in Morphymail Panel. These are the people to whom you send emails.
Contact lists #
Morphymail stores all of your contacts in contact lists. You can have multiple contact lists, and you can configure each contact list to work in a different way.
For example, you can configure one contact list to send out automatic emails to its members every month, and configure another list to take no automatic action. You can also configure information differently for each contact list (such as the “from” address of the emails you send out, and your company name).
Manual Input, CSV Files and Website Forms #
There are three ways to add contacts to a contact list: by inputting them manually one by one, by uploading a CSV (Comma‐Separated Value) file with information on multiple contacts, or by having contacts fill out a form on your website.
Morphymail Email Marketer helps you create forms you can put on your website to let your customers sign up for your newsletter or emails.
Use HTML and plain‐text templates to form the basis of your email campaigns. Templates make your emails attractive and promote your brand identity.
Either use the templates included with the Morphymail panel, which are designed specifically to display correctly in all popular email clients, or design your own using the Morphymail panel’s fully‐featured HTML development editor and plain‐text editor.
Email Campaigns #
Email campaigns are the emails that you send out from Morphymail Panel to the people on a contact list. Email campaigns are based on an HTML or plain‐text template, and are sent to members of a contact list. You control when you send email campaigns; you can send them at the click of a button, or schedule them to be sent out at a specific point in the future.
Like email campaigns, autoresponders are emails based on HTML or plain‐text templates. However, autoresponders are sent out automatically at pre‐defined intervals after a contact is added to a contact list.
For example, you may want to send out one autoresponder as soon as contacts are added to
the list (“Thanks for joining our mailing list!”) and another a month or a year after they join (“You’ve been reading our daily newsletter for 30 days now; tell us what you think!”).
These also facilitate greater flexibility to automate email and administrative tasks to happen automatically when certain other events occur. You can set up date‐related auto responders (so that everyone in your contact list receives a “Happy Birthday” email on their birthday, for example) and event‐related triggers (so that contact is automatically added to a “warm leads” contact list when he or she opens your email).
Email Tracking #
Morphymail allows you to track and view a variety of information about the emails you send; how many are opened (and when), how many links are clicked in each one (and which link was clicked), and so on.
Bounce Tracking #
Bounced emails are those that never reach their destination. This can happen for numerous reasons. However, if you keep sending emails to an address that does not accept them, there is a danger that your email server could be blacklisted
(making it much more difficult to send subsequent emails to anybody).
To avoid this, the Morphymail panel can track bounced emails, discover why they were bounced, and automatically act by deactivating contacts’ email addresses. The contact’s details remain in the list, but emails are no longer sent.
Chapter 2 Getting Started #
Use this chapter if you want to start sending out emails right away. The steps in this chapter show you how to set up a list of your contacts and send emails to them.
Follow the links to other parts of this user’s guide for information on how to complete each step.
Log in to Morphymail Panel #
Use your username and password to access Morphymail.
Set up a contact list #
Create a list to hold information about your contacts (the people to whom you send your emails). You can also configure the following:
• Your name, email address, and other personal details.
• Your company’s name, address and phone number.
• Where bounced emails should be sent.
• Which custom fields do you want to use?
• Which fields do you want to see when you view the list?
Create custom fields #
If you want to collect a specific type of information about your contacts, you can create a custom field to hold the information.
• You can specify the kind of field you want to make (text box, drop‐down list, check box, and so on) and a variety of other settings.
• You can also specify whether or not the field should be mandatory (if a field is mandatory, it must be filled in before you can successfully add a contact to the list).
Add contacts to your contact list #
Manually add information about one or more people to whom you want to send emails. You can also upload a file containing contacts’ information if you have one.
Create a signup form #
Use Morphymail to create an HTML form you can add to your website that allows people to add their information to your contact list.
Note: Skip this step if you do not want to allow people to sign up to join your contact list.
Place the signup form on your website #
Add the HTML form you created in Step 5 to a page on your website.
Create an email campaign #
Email campaigns control the emails you sent to the contacts on your contact list.
• Specify whether you want to send an HTML email, a plain‐text email, or both.
• Design the HTML and/or text components of the campaign. Use the built‐in templates, modify a template, or build your own from scratch.
• Write your email’s text content.
• Use custom fields, if required.
• Activate the email: allow it to be sent to your contacts.
• Validate your email, if required: check how it looks in popular email clients.
• Preview your email, if required: send a test copy to your own email address.
• Save the campaign.
Send your campaign to your contacts #
Select the contact list to which you want to send the email campaign, and send it out to the contacts belonging to the list.
Check statistics about your campaign #
Find out how many of your emails reached their targets successfully, how many were opened, and a variety of other statistics.
Chapter 3: Logging Into The Morphymail Email Panel #
Take the following steps to log in to Morphymail Panel.
1 Open your Internet browser and enter Morphymail email panel URL (https://app.morphymailweb.com/login) in the address bar. Hit Enter or click Go.
2 Enter your Username and Password.
3 Select the screen you want to see once you have logged in.
4 If you want Morphymail to remember your Username and Password, click Remember my details. If you do not want Morphymail to remember your details, leave this box unchecked.
Note: Select Remember my details only when you are the only person with access to the computer you are using. NEVER select this on a public computer. Failure to adequately protect the details of your contacts may contravene your local data protection laws.
5 Click Login. If your Username and Password are correct, the screen you selected in Step 3 displays.
Note: If you forgot your password, click the Forgot your password? link. A screen displays in which you can enter your Username. Click Send the email. An email is sent to the email address you registered with Morphymail. You can click a link in the email to regain access to the Morphymail panel.
Chapter 4: Overview Of The Dashboard #
Morphymail is a platform to create easy, beautiful, and personalized email campaigns & automation. It helps you build and strengthen your relationships with potential and existing customers. The main Dashboard is where you will be able to access all the necessary tools to get started.
Once you are logged into your Morphymail account, you will view the Dashboard page and see the following navigation items on the left side of the page:
The main Navigation bar on the left of the Dashboard comprises the following tabs:
A Campaign is the email message you design and send to subscribers.
In this tab, you will find a list of your recent and saved Campaigns. Here you can manage your existing Campaigns and create new ones.
An automated email that you would like to send to your subscribers when someone new subscribes to your group of audiences, or leaves the group of subscribers, for a recurring campaign that needs to be sent every week or month, etc. Here you can choose from the group of options and set your automated campaign.
Here, you will be able to access and manage your contact lists. This includes your newsletter subscriber lists and forms
Here you will find your Templates, which are preset layouts for your newsletters, that you build your Campaign on. You can select a saved Template to use for your new Campaign.
Here you can add a sending server which will actually send out your campaign emails. You can configure a standard SMTP connection or connect to a 3rd service like Amazon SES, SendGrid, Mailgun, ElasticEmail, or Sparkpost.
Here you can connect to your own home or landing page and enable subscription popup forms.
Campaign API #
Here you will find your verified API token which you need to add to each campaign request.
In the main content area of the Dashboard, you will find:
● A summary of your account in terms of credits, campaigns, lists, and subscribers.
● A summary of recently sent campaigns, a list overview, and an activity log of your account.
● A search bar to ease your process.
● A toggle to change your theme (dark/light) as per your preference.
“Activities” sections is located at the bottom of the left nav bar and represent the activity log
An activity log is a list of the screens you have recently visited displayed at the top of your screen.
You can click an item in the recent activity log to jump back to the relevant screen.
Note: The recent activity log is a user‐specific setting; you can turn it on or off for one user without affecting how the interface displays to other users.
Account Tab #
At the bottom of the left navigation bar, you will find your account name and a dropdown tab, which lists your pages related to general Account Management.
Here you can access and update your Profile info, check your Notifications, and manage your Account Settings, credits used, subscriptions, billings, and more…
Chapter 5: Campaign Overview #
The second option of the left nav bar will take you to an overview of your campaign summary where you can see your campaign history and/or create a new campaign.
Creating And Sending Campaigns #
How to Create a New Campaign, and Send it to Your Subscribers #
To create a new Email Campaign, and send it out to the people on your subscriber list, please follow these steps:
1. Log into your Morphymail account, go to the Campaigns tab/page, and then click on the “Create Campaign” button in the top right corner of your screen.
2. This will open a new window where you can see two types of campaign categories; Regular (Campaign with HTML email content as well as images, and links); Plain Text (Send a plain-text email without link tracking, images, or HTML)
Select which type of Campaign you would like to start building. Please click on the “Choose” option.
3. On the next tab named “Recipients”, please select the list you want to send your campaign to.
4. As you proceed to the next tab, “Setup”,
Enter your campaign name, email subject, “from name”, from email, in the labelled field.
Next, you can select your default server by checking the box given below. This will take your server mail id as your default sending id.
Enter the reply to id as applicable.
You can also select tracking options for your campaign from the list available on the right side of the setup tab.
Click the Next button.
5) This will take you to the Template section, where you can choose the template from the existing ones or upload one of your own and design your content. Click on the Next button
6) This will take you to the schedule option where you can select your delivery date and time for the campaign. You can also choose “Send Now” if you want your mail to be sent right away.
7) Next you will be taken to the confirmation window where you can check the preview of your designed template, send a test mail or just review and send your campaign.
Chapter 6 Automation #
An automated email that you would like to send to your subscribers when someone new subscribes to your group of audiences, or leaves the group of subscribers, for a recurring campaign that needs to be sent every week or month, etc.
The automation window also summarizes the stats and history of the campaigns.
To set up an automated email follow the steps below:1) Click on the “Add New” button
2. Choose from the group of options and set your automated campaign.
3. You can proceed to set up an automated email by selecting the trigger category you want to set up and the list you want to proceed with. For instance, if you choose Happy Birthday, it will appear as:
4. Name your automation as you desire and click on “Get Started”.
Chapter 7 Lists #
Morphymail makes it easy to manage your contacts and subscriber lists. Here you will learn where contacts go once they subscribe to your mailing lists from your website, how to edit/ manage and remove contacts, plus what contacts can do to manage their own subscription preferences, like unsubscribing.
The overview window will show you the current count of
● Total contacts
● Contacts ready to receive marketing emails
● Subscription performances
● Blacklisted contacts
When a new subscriber signs up to your mailing list via the Signup form on your website, they will be automatically added to the corresponding Subscriber List in your Morphymail account. To access your Subscriber Lists or to view your new contacts, please click on the Lists tab in the Dashboard Left Nav Menu.
This will expand the menu further to overview, lists, contacts, segments, and forms.
The “lists” option of the submenu will take you to the overview of the Lists page, where you will see your current List/s (if you have multiple) displayed. You can also add a new list from the same option.
How To Use Lists #
In this section of the guide, you will learn how to create new lists of contacts and subscribers, and how to manage your existing lists.
CREATE A NEW LIST #
Each time you create a new list, you’ll be prompted to input default information like your “From” email address and a message to remind your contacts who you are.
To create a new list in your Morphymail account, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Lists page
2. Click on the Create List button located on the top right of the page.
3. Type in the List details in the fields provided. (see screenshot shared below )
4. In the Form Settings section below ( refer to the ss above),
a) Choose the opt-in method for your list. Check the box next to Enable double opt-in to send an opt-in confirmation email when someone signs up to your list. Or, leave it unchecked to use a single opt-in and add subscribers to your list right away.
b) Send a final welcome email if you wish to send an email welcoming new subscribers to your list.c) Send a final goodbye email to the subscribers who have opted to unsubscribe from your list.
5. When you’re finished, click Save.
After you create your list, you’ll be able to import/ export subscribers or set up a signup form to collect new contacts.
ADDING NEW INDIVIDUAL SUBSCRIBERS MANUALLY #
In addition to editing your Subscriber’s information, you may also add Subscribers to your Lists manually, assuming the person has given you permission to add them to your list.
This can be done from the Lists page in your account. To add a single email address to a list, follow these steps.
1. Navigate to the Lists page. It will display a summary of all the created lists, the number of subscribers in each list, click rate, open rates, etc.
2. Click the name of the list you want to manually add contacts to.
3. This will open an overview screen of that list. Click the Subscribers drop-down menu and choose “Add”. You may also import the list if you need to bulk subscribers to your existing list.
4. Type in the subscriber’s information like email, first name and last name.
5. When you’re done, click Save.
After the subscriber has been successfully added, Morphymail will display a success message at the right bottom of the page.Each List entry will display the number of subscribers along with some basic stats on Opens and Clicks percentages. (see image).
The detailed report can be reviewed at the Statistics option at the right top menu.
To view the full list of subscribers for a specific list, please click on the desired List title followed by the Subscribers and then the “View All” option. This will open a new page displaying all of the current subscribers to that list.
For example, you will be able to see the email addresses, names and subscription status of each subscriber.
You may also edit Subscriber information for an individual on the same page. You can search for the subscriber in the search box on the top and edit the information by clicking on the checkbox next to the subscriber’s email or clicking on their email directly. Once you do that, additional options will appear that will allow you to take actions such as unsubscribing or deleting the individual from the list, or making other edits to their information.
SUBSCRIBER OPTIONS #
Contacts who are active, have subscribed, unsubscribed, unconfirmed, span reported, and blacklisted can be viewed in the contacts tab.
Please see the sample below:
This tab will display all your active and past created forms in a list view. You can choose to edit any of the created forms or publish your recently created form to your landing page.
How To Use Forms #
In this section of the guide, you will learn how to create new forms and how to manage your existing forms.
CREATE A NEW FORM #
Each time you create a new form, you’ll be prompted to input default information like your “Form Name”, and select the list name
To create a new form in your Morphymail account, follow these steps:
1. Navigate to the Lists option
2. Click on the Form button from the dropdown.
3. Click Create Form on the top right.
4. Type in the form details in the fields provided. (see screenshot shared below )
5. Select the layout from the predefined default templates and select the list of your preference.
6. Click Start Design, this will take you to the form builder where you can add/edit the template as per the requirements.
7) Once you are done, click on the Save button and then publish your form.
Chapter 8: Templates #
USING THE TEMPLATES #
How to Use the Templates #
Morphymail comes equipped with a powerful editor and newsletter templates that will allow you to create catchy, attractive and marketable email blasts with unique layouts. To help you get started with your new Campaign newsletter layout, Morphymail offers a wide variety of free templates to choose from, which provide the foundation for your message.
Here is an overview of the editor and its primary features.
One of the great features of the editor is its “Drag-and-Drop” functionality, which allows you to build newsletters with predefined content blocks that you can easily order and customize based on your content.
To start using templates, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Templates option which will open a window listing all your previously created campaigns.
2) Here you can start designing your campaign.
a) You can design your campaign using the base gallery; where there are predesigned layout templates.
b). You can create a template of your own by simply clicking on the create button. Here you need to name your campaign and choose from the three options available.
c). After you have chosen your Template, the next step is to start designing your Campaign and adding your content to your newsletter layout. When selecting a template, the options you will see are the “Basic”, “Featured”, and “WooCommerce” Templates, which have pre-designed layouts based on specific needs.
Understanding Editor Interface #
The editor interface features an easy-to-use, intuitive design. On the left side, you will find the area which houses your content and displays the layout of your Campaign. Your content appears in individual blocks that can be ordered and customized as desired.
On the right side of the page, you will find the tools and content blocks you will use to build your layout (Ref. SS above). There are a variety of content blocks to choose from that will allow you to add text, images, buttons, videos, social media share links and more.
To use any of these blocks in your layout, you need to simply select one of the blocks, and then drag it to the content area on the left.
After you have dragged the new block to the content area, you can also drag the block to the desired order.’
Adding Content To New Text Block #
For example, if you add a new Text content block to the content area, on the right side of the page, the “Content” tab will open in the Text panel (tab highlighted in blue).
In the content area below, you will add your new text content by either typing it in or copying and pasting it in. For your convenience, you can use additional tools in the formatting toolbar to liven up your text content.
As you enter your text into the editor panel on the right, you will see it simultaneously appear in the content layout on the left (Ref. ss above).
There are also additional content styling adjustments available in the Text panel. To access these, you will just need to scroll down where you will find options for changing the Font type, size, alignment and styles (Ref ss above). You can also adjust the line height of your text here.
Editing Existing Text Blocks #
To edit one of the existing text blocks in the content layout area (left side), you just simply need to click over the desired block. This will reveal a grey toolbar, where you will can add/edit/ delete the content as per your requirement.
Saving Content In Text Blocks #
After you have entered and styled the content in your text block you will need to click the “Save & Close” button that appears on the top right of the Text Panel.
ADDING IMAGE & VIDEO CONTENT #
How to Upload New Content for Use in Your Campaigns #
Adding additional media, such as images and videos, to your Campaign is very easy with Morphymail.
Adding Images #
To add a new image to the content area of your Campaign, please follow the below steps:
1. In the Content tab on the right side of the Editor page, please drag the “Image Block” to the desired location in the layout on the left side of the page.
2. Once the Image Block is in place on your layout, you can either drag an image from your Desktop directly into the block where it says “Drop an image”, or you can click the “Browse” button to select and import a new image. (In this example, we will be using the “Browse” option)
3. After you have clicked the “Browse” button, you will arrive at the Content Manager page, where you can either select an existing image from your library, or you can click on the “Upload” button in the top right corner to add a new image. (For this example, we will be adding a new image)
4. After you have either selected an existing image or clicked the “Upload” button and selected an image from your computer, the image will automatically be inserted into the Image Block on the page.
In the Content tab on the right, you will see image info (title, size) and options for replacing the image, editing the image, and adding a hyperlink / ALT tag to the image.
For additional image styling options, you can scroll down to see the options, which will allow you to add a background to your image, set the image alignment (left, centre, right) and set “edge to edge” margins.
5. After you have inserted your image and made the desired adjustments, please click the “Save and Close” button on the upper right to save your changes.
Adding Videos #
To add a new video to the content area of your Campaign, please follow the below steps:
1. In the Content tab on the right side of the Editor page, please drag the “Video Block” to desired location in the layout on the left side of the page.
2. After you have placed the “Video Block” in the layout, on the right side of the page in the Content tab, you will need to add the link for your video in the “Video Block” field. (Ex. YouTube or Vimeo URLs) or upload your video to the section.
For additional video styling options, you can scroll down which will allow you to adjust the font type, sizes, line height, video background, video alignment, set “edge to edge” margins etc…
After you have embedded your video and made the desired adjustments, please click the “Save and Close” button on the upper right to save your changes.
Chapter 9: Sending #
Morphymail makes it easy to manage and add your servers to send out your email campaigns. Here you will learn how to manage and use the sending servers, domains, identity, tracking domain, email verification server, and blacklisting.
Sending Server #
This feature allows you to add a sending server which will actually send out your campaign emails. You can configure a standard SMTP connection or connect to a 3rd service like Amazon SES, SendGrid, Mailgun, ElasticEmail, or Sparkpost.
You can also take advantage of the hosting server’s email capability by creating a “PHP Mail” or “Sendmail” sending server
How To Use Sending Server #
This will direct you towards the list view of all your connected servers. You can add/edit/ delete any of the servers over upgrade or for any modifications required.
Adding A New Server #
To add a new server, follow these steps:
1). In the sending option, select the sending servers option
2) Click on the New Server option at the right top of the screen.
3) Select the server you have opted for and click on the “choose” button.
4) Fill in the form with the required details.
5) Once you are done, click on the “Save” button.
Sending Domains #
Sending domain is used to verify the sender whose email address appears in the FROM header of an email. Add your own verified sending domains to send emails on behalf of your domain.
How To Use Sending Domains #
This will direct you towards the list view of all your domains with their respective verification status. You can add/view/ delete any of the domains over upgrade or for any modifications required.
Adding A New Domain #
To add a new domain, follow these steps:
1. In the sending option, select the sending domains option
2. Click on the New Sending Domain option at the right top of the screen.
3. Fill in the new domain name. You can enable the side toggle if you wish to set this new domain as your sign domain.
4 Once you are done, click on the “Save” button.
5. After saving your domain, you will be required to verify your domain.
Sending Identity #
This feature allows you to add your own sending email addresses for your email marketing. All email addresses and domain names are required to be verified for sending emails FROM, also to confirm that you own them, and to prevent unauthorized use.
How To Use Sending Identity #
This will direct you towards the list view of all your added email addresses with their respective verification status and creation date and time. You can add/view/ delete any of the email addresses over upgrade or for any modifications required.
Adding A New Sender #
To add a new sender, follow these steps:
1. In the sending option, select the sending identity option
2. Click on the New Sender option at the right top of the screen.
3. Fill in the new name and email address of the sender.
4. Once you are done, click on the “Save” button.
5. After saving your new sender, you will be required to verify your sender.
Tracking Domains #
This feature allows you to use a tracking domain that creates all the links and URLs in your emails to be overwritten as if they come from your own brand’s domain (rather than from this application hostname), making your emails more authentic and more likely to reach recipients INBOX.
How To Use Tracking Domains #
This will direct you towards the list view of all your added tracking domains with their respective verification status and creation date and time. You can add/view/ delete any of the email addresses over upgrade or for any modifications required.
Adding A New Tracking Domain #
To add a new sender, follow these steps:
1. In the sending option, select the tracking domain option
2. Click on the Create tracking domain option at the right top of the screen.
3. Fill in the new domain name and choose the verification method applicable.
4. Once you are done, click on the “Save” button.
5. After saving your new sender, you will be required to verify your sender.
Email Verification Servers #
This feature allows you to connect to 3rd email verification services/servers. After adding the verification services/servers, you can go to the Mail List’s setting page to manage verification processes
How To Use Email Verification Servers #
This will direct you towards the list view of all your added servers with their respective type of service. You can add/edit/ delete any of the servers over upgrade or for any modifications required.
Adding A New Email Verification Server #
To add a new email verification server, follow these steps:
1. In the sending option, select the email verification option
2. Click on the Create New option at the right top of the screen.
3. Fill in the new server name and choose the service type as applicable.
4. Fill in the checking limit details.
5. Once you are done, click on the “Save” button.
This feature allows you to filter invalid email addresses or blocked mailed addresses from all your posts and exclude sending emails to the same. You can upload known invalid email addresses to your blacklist account. Any blacklisted email addresses in your mail lists which match a blacklisted email address are automatically marked as `blacklisted` and will not be sent by any email campaign.
How To Use Blacklist #
This will display the list of all your blacklisted email addresses. You can add/edit/ delete any of the email addresses as and when required.
Adding A New Blacklist #
To add a new blacklist, follow these steps:
● In the sending option, select the blacklist tab.
● Click on the Import option at the right top of the screen.
● Upload a .txt file from your system
● Once you are done, click on the “Save” button.
Chapter 10: Integration #
Here you can connect to your own home or landing page and enable subscription popup forms.
Add your Website #
To add a new website, follow these steps:
Enter your site URL
● Click on Get code
● Copy the code generated and implement it in the header section of your webpage.
● This will generate your form pop-up on your website.
There is also an option to Manage your sites at the top of the screen. This will help you view/edit/delete the codes generated for all your previously linked websites.
Manage Your Connections #
This functionality lets you check the list of websites for which the codes have been generated, the code generated for your websites, status, and delete the websites for which no longer integration is required.